Valentines Day Coconut Cupcakes
I made these Valentines Day Coconut Cupcakes for my mom. She loves coconut cakes and cupcake. Heck, she loves anything coconut.
Keeping pretty true to myself, I used a cake mix, instead of by scratch and already made frosting. All I did to achieve this awesomeness, is add coconut extract to the cake mix and sprinkle the top with some shredded coconut. If you don’t like coconut, change it up with maybe lemon extract or some vanilla. Sprinkle some decor on top in lieu of the coconut.
It’s so very easy to take the plain up a notch and make it something better and all the while, not working harder or longer in your kitchen. Then you can either get more accomplished or make more than what you thought you could with your time. Or people “think” you spent all day baking.
Need more Valentine Goodies?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Valentine’s Day Coconut Cupcakes
- Cupcake Pan / Muffin Tin
- Stand Mixer/Hand Mixer
- 1 Pkg (8.25 oz) Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix, Red
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Tsp Coconut Extract
- Frosting – Pink , your choice of brand
- 1/3 Cup Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and coconut extract in a bowl or stand mixer and beat on medium high for 3-4 minutes. Fill cupcake liners as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 19-23 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting. About 1 hour.
- Apply frosting. Can be store bought or homemade.
- Sprinkle a little coconut on each cupcake.