Valentine Trash Bars are like white trash bars, trash can bars, and magic cookie bars. Make some sweets for your sweeties. Two words of advice……….sugar overload.
Do magic bars (trash bars) need to be refrigerated?
No, not for this trash bar recipe. However, if you use anything like eggs or cream cheese in your recipe, you should definitely refrigerate them. They will harden in the frigde, so let them sit out a bit before eating.
Is evaporated milk the same as condensed milk?
They are similar but not the same. Evaporated milk is the same as sweetened condensed milk without any added sugar. In other words, condensed milk is evaporated milk sweetened.
Can I add sugar to evaporated milk to make condensed milk for my trash bars recipe?
Yes. Combine evaporated milk with 1 1/2 cups of sugar. You could also add 1/4-1/2 of vanilla extract for flavor.
More Valentine Day goodies…
- Valentine’s Muddy Buddies
- Mozzarella Cheese Hearts
- Homemade Pink Hot Chocolate make some of this to go with your Valentine Trash Bars
- Strawberry Spritezer
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Valentine Trash Bars
- Blender / Food Processor
- 8×8 baking dish or 8×8 cake pan
- 3 Rolls Ritz Crackers, Crushed
- 14 Oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 Oz White Chocolate Chips
- 4 Oz Valentine’s Day M&Ms, divided Pink, white and red
- 16 Oz Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray of your choice.
- Crush crackers. This time I used my food processor. You can do this by hand as well. Call me lazy.
- Pour crushed crackers in the baking dish.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over crackers. Add the white chocolate chips and 1/2 of the Valentine’s Day M&Ms. Mix well. Make sure all the ingredients are covered by the condensed milk. NOTE: you can forego the white chocolate chips and use only M&M’s or baking chips here.
- Pat mixture down and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to bubble and caramelize. Let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Chop/crush your remaining M&Ms. Slather icing on top. Sprinkle the crushed M&M’s on top to finish it off.