Homemade Pink Hot Chocolate. Delicious, strawberry flavored, hot chocolate. Made with white chocolate. Perfect to make for Valentine’s Day. Pairs well with cookies, cakes or cupcakes.
I love Valentine’s Day for so many reasons. First, it’s a day that we celebrate love. And, second, pink is a primary color. “Pink is my favorite color”. Know who sings that?
This particular homemade hot chocolate recipe is made in a crockpot AKA slow cooker.
How to make hot chocolate in the crockpot?
Cook on high for 2 hours in the crockpot and you should be stirring it at a minimum of every 30 minutes. I suggest 15-30 depending on your crockpot. If you have other things going on in the kitchen, this is a great time to make the hot chocolate.
I was making other recipes and it worked out. But, if I had to keep going back and forth into the kitchen and stir that often, it would not have been cool. Keep that in mind when making this.
What is hot chocolate made of?
There are several ways to make hot chocolate. Over here in America, you mostly see hot chocolate in little packets and then you would add hot water or milk. Over in other countries it’s made totally different.
This is what I put in mine…
- White chocolate chips
- Whole milk
- Strawberry extract (can sub vanilla extract here)
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Red Food Coloring (can skip this for those avoided red dye)
For the topping, I added whipped cream, sprinkles and put a couple of sliced strawberries on the side for fanciness. Looks cute if you’re hosting a get together or party.
Want some other ideas for Valentine’s Day?
Strawberry Spritezer – this is a cold drink for those in warmer climates.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Pink Hot Chocolate
- 12 oz White chocolate chips
- 7 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Tsp Strawberry Extract Can sub with Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp Salt I used Pink Himalayan
- 14 Oz Sweetened Condensed Milk (Can)
- Red Food Coloring, if pink is desired
- Sliced Strawberries Topping, Optional
- Whipped Cream Topping, Optional
- Valentine's Sprinkles Topping, Optional
- Combine white chocolate chips and salt in the crock pot.
- Pour in the milk.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and red food coloring - Stir well
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 15-30 minutes.
- Using a Ladle, fill a cup with the hot chocolate, add in sliced strawberries, if desired. Top with whipped cream, sprinkles and more sliced strawberries, if desired.