Halloween Trash Bars are a sweet and salty treat made with Ritz crackers and condensed milk. Change up the colors depending on the holiday.
What is Halloween trash bars?
These are sweeter than sweet with a hint of salty cookie like type bar. They are mainly made from saltine or Ritz crackers, condensed milk, chocolate chips and frosting. You can add other items like nuts or candy sprinkles, if you like. You can customize these to go with whatever holiday or themed party you like.
What is the difference of trash bars vs cookie bars?
Trash bars are made with crackers (in most cases) and cookie bars are made with cookie dough.
Other great party desserts…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Halloween Trash Bars
- 8×8 baking dish or 8×8 cake pan
- Food Processor
- 3 Rolls (Pkgs) Ritz Crackers, Crushed
- 1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Bag (10 oz) Halloween Chocolate Chips Can substitute with orange and brown candy melts, or even Reese's pieces.
- 1 Tub (16 oz) Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Crush Ritz Crackers.
- Pour crushed crackers into 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over crackers.
- Mix in all but 1/4 cup of the Halloween Chocolate Chips.
- Pat down mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes until edges start to bubble and caramelize.
- Allow to cool. About 1 hour.
- Slather icing on top.
- Chop/Crush remaining Halloween Chocolate Chips. I used my NutriBullet. Sprinkle on top. Serve!