Don’t let the instructions fool you with these Christmas Trash Bars. While it may look like a lot to do, I broke it down with pretty much a step by step instruction.
Can you handle sweet??
If you can’t handle too much sweet, this is not for you! I don’t do much sugar, so I can’t hang with these after one bite. That’s how sweet they are. No joking!
When I gave one to my husband, after one bite, he asked me “Are you planning on sleeping tonight?”. I’m like, “Yeah, why?”. He said, “Not if you’re eating these.”. I just smiled and said, “Oh, I only had one bite. The question is, are you planning on sleeping tonight?”. You see, he’s my taste tester and recipe checkerouter. If he approves, then we’re good to go!!
After these are done and you start cutting the pieces, make sure you cut them small. I came up with 12 squares. You might want to go smaller. OR, you might be a beast and go bigger. Go big or go home, right?
If you like these Christmas Trash Bars, they are just a copy cat recipe from my other trash bars. All I did was change the “color scheme”. If you want to check them out……
Would you like some other ideas for Christmas goodies???
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Christmas Trash Bars
- 8×8 baking dish or 8×8 cake pan
- Food Processor
- 3 Rolls Ritz Crackers Not the half size roll
- 1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 Oz White Chocolate Chips
- 4 Oz Christmas (Green/Red) M&Ms
- 1 Tub (16 oz) Vanilla Frosting
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°, Spray 8×8 baking dish
- Crush Crackers Finely. You can do this by hand, or with a food processor.
- Pour the crackers in the baking dish.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crackers.
- Add the white chocolate chips.
- Add half of the M&Ms
- Mix the ingredients well. Pat the mixture down to compress it all together.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°, or until the edges start to bubble and carmelize. Let cool for an hour or so. While the "base" is cooling. Chop/crush your remaining M&Ms.
- Slather on the vanilla frosting.
- Sprinkle the crushed M&Ms and sprinkles over the top of the frosting.