How to make caramel apple cupcakes with apple pie filling. Great for autumn/fall, Halloween parties or Thanksgiving dessert.
How to make caramel apple cupcakes.
Basically, you will spruce up some apple pie filling, mix up a box cake to make these. You’ll add a small amount of the cake mix. Add a small amount of the pie filling on top. Then, top it off with more cake mix.
How to you put filling inside a cupcake?
- Use a piping bag. (Typically used after the cupcake has been baked)
- Cut out the middle section with a knife. Add your filling. Replace the middle section. Cover with frosting.
- Use an apple corer. This removes the middle section, as mentioned above.
- Add 1/3-1/2 of your batter to the tin. Next, add your filling. Add the other part of your batter to cover the filling. (As I did)
More recipes using apples.
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Stand Mixer/Hand Mixer
- Cupcake Pan / Muffin Tin
- 1 Box (16.5 oz) Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix Alt – Yellow Cake Mix & 1/4 cup caramel baking bits.
- 3 Eggs, Large
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Box Cheesecake Pudding Mix, Instant
- 1 Can (21 oz) Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Tbsp Caramel Topping
- 1 Can (14 oz) Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting Optional
- Cinnamon Optional
- Pour apple pie filling and caramel topping into a medium bowl. Chop into smaller (bite size or smaller) pieces. I use a pastry cutter. You could use a blender or food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cupcake liners in muffin pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil and blend for 2-3 minutes. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- Spoon 2 tbsp batter in cupcake liner. Then add 1 tbsp of apple pie filling. Top off with 1 tbsp of batter. Make sure your batter covers the apple pie filling.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until done.
- Let cool 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- OPTIONAL – Let cool 2 hours. Stir frosting and apply to cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon.