Caramel Apple Cupcakes
You will NOT believe how these Caramel Apple Cupcakes turned out. It was one of my crazy creations and sometimes they turn out Ah-mazing! I even had one friend tell me that it tasted like it came from a bakery. That’s right. Go me!
How did this come about you ask? Well, I was standing on the cake aisle in the grocery store just looking hoping something would come to me when I spotted Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix. I’ve never seen caramel cake mix before. Have you? Then I started wondering what could I make out of this puppy. I love caramel.
What goes with caramel better than anything? Yup yup….apples. So, I mozeyed <sp> on over to the fruit isle and picked up some apple pie filling. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is and I’ve had these suckers already.
The great thing I discovered with these Caramel Apple Cupcakes is that you can make them two ways and you can frost them or not. If you don’t frost them, it’s like an caramel apple pie muffin. Don’t know about you, but, I’d eat these for breakfast!
To put them together different, you can either add the batter at the bottom of the cupcake liner and then spoon on the apple pie filling or you can add less batter at the bottom of the liner, spoon the apple pie filling and top it with more batter. One way you have the apple filling showing and the other way, it’s a surprise what’s inside.
Need more ideas with apples?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Stand Mixer/Hand Mixer
- Cupcake Pan / Muffin Tin
- 1 Box (16.5 oz) Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs, Large
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Box Cheesecake Pudding Mix, Instant
- 2 Can (21 oz) Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Can (14 oz) Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting Optional
- Cinnamon Optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cupcake liners in muffin pan.
- Pour apple pie filling into a medium bowl. Chop into smaller (bite size or smaller) pieces. I use an egg smasher/chopper. Sorry for no picture, thought I had one.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil and blend for 2-3 minutes. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- #1 Option – spoon about 2 tbsp of batter into cupcake liner. Then add 1 tbsp of apple pie filling on top. #2 Option (not shown) – spoon 1 tbsp batter in cupcake liner. Then add 1 tbsp of apple pie filling. Top off with 1 tbsp of batter. Make sure your batter covers the apple pie filling.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until done.
- Let cool 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. **Notice the two different ways.
- OPTIONAL – Stir frosting and apply to cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon.