Pumpkin Shaped Cake
Isn’t this Pumpkin Shaped Cake cool? I saw it somewhere and it stuck in my head, and I’m very sorry I didn’t save it so I could give credit where credit is due. So, I can’t take full credit for this. Even though this cake is pumpkin shaped, I opted NOT to use pumpkin. My family is starting to get pumpkin’d out. So, I’m laying off a little so they still want some pumpkin goodies around Thanksgiving. Or do I? Maybe I should burn them out and then all the pumpkin desserts I make around Thanksgiving will be mine. mwhahahaha! Good thing you can’t hear my evil voice.
All you do to create this bad boy is make two bundt cakes. Slice off the top/bottom. Put them together. Genius right?! I used Duncan Hines Orange Supreme Cake mix so I had the “pumpkin look”. If you want to use pumpkin, which would be a better option, feel free to.
Another great idea is to make a stem using whatever. I decided to have candy pouring out of it for a different look. Cuz I’m different.
Which would you prefer for your pumpkin shaped cake…pumpkin or orange?
Some other Halloween treats…
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Pumpkin Shaped Cake
- 2 Boxes Duncan Hines Orange Supreme Cake Mix
- 6 Eggs, Large
- 2 Cups Water
- 2/3 Cups Oil
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Tbsp Milk Optional for icing
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar Optional for icing
- 1 Tbsp Butter Optional for icing
- Preheat oven 350○. Spray bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Mix one box with 3 eggs, 1 cup of water and 1/3 oil. Pour into bundt pan. Bake as directed. Cool 30 minutes. After cooling. Cut the top (as seen in picture) to make flat. You can usually see the "seam". That's where you want to cut.
- Repeat the above process. Mix, bake, cool and slice the cake. Place on top of the other cake "upside down" or technically, right side up.
- Optional Icing. Mix milk, powder sugar and butter in a small bowl using a hand mixer. Pour over cake.
- Add stem if desired using candy, shaped dough, whatever you like. Or, fill the middle with candy or filling. Slice and serve!