What a perfect dessert to have at Halloween or Thanksgiving…A pumpkin shaped cake. Using orange cake mix and a bundt cake pan, you can make this.
How do you make a pumpkin cake cake?
Use a bundt cake pan to make half of the pumpkin. Make it two times, OR, if use two bundt cake pans and make them both at the same time. Put them on top of each other and you have a pumpkin shaped cake.
The first time I made this, I didn’t use a stem. However, this time I used a green ice cream cone to imitate the stem.
Do you flip a bundt cake right away?
No. Allow the cake to cool for a minimum of 15 minutes. As it cools, it will start to “shrink” away from the sides. Allowing it to just fall out of the pan.
Do bundt cakes take longer to bake?
Yes, for the most part. Times may vary based on pan sizes and batter density. If you’re making one from a cake mix, most of them will tell you the time to bake.
Some other Halloween treats…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Pumpkin Shaped Cake
- Bundt Cake Pan
- Hand Mixer
- 2 Boxes Orange Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs, Large Follow your cake mix directions.
- 2 Cups Water Follow your cake mix directions.
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Tbsp Milk Optional for icing
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar Optional for icing
- 1 Tbsp Butter Optional for icing
- Preheat oven 350°. Spray bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Following your cake mix directions, mix the cake mix with required ingredients. Pour into bundt pan. Bake as directed. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from bundt pan. Cool for additional 1 hour. After cooling. Cut the top (as seen in picture) to make flat. You can usually see the "seam". That's where you want to cut.
- Repeat the above process. Mix, bake, cool and slice the cake. Place on top of the other cake "upside down" or technically, right side up.
- Optional Icing. Mix milk, powder sugar and butter in a small bowl using a hand mixer. Pour over cake.
- Add stem if desired using a green or brown ice cream cone. Or, fill the middle with candy or filling. Slice and serve!