Classic Egg Salad recipe for sandwiches. I have them hear sliced small enough to serve as an appetizer, but you can use as your lunch or dinner.
Is egg salad sandwich good for you?
It can be high in fat, along with cholesterol and calories. But, you can make a few changes to make it lighter. Use light mayo and lower calorie bread.
What can I use instead of mayo in egg salad?
Yogurt, hummus or cottage cheese if you like those.
How long does egg salad last in the fridge?
Egg salad should last about 5 days if kept in an airtight container. Do not leave at room temp for more than 2 hours though.
More recipes using eggs…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Sauce Pan
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Salt Could reduce
- 1 Cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 Tbsp Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 6 Slices Mini Sub Rolls Use regular size for more servings
- To boil eggs – Place the eggs in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover the eggs completely. Add the vinegar and the tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling (about 5 minutes), turn the heat off, cover and let sit in hot water for 10 minutes. Then drain the water and fill the pan up with ice cold tap water. Let sit for about 10 minutes then remove the eggs from the water and place on a towel to dry for about 20 minutes to cool.
- To make the egg salad – Peel and chop the eggs in a medium size bowl.
- Add in the miracle whip, pickle juice, mustard, salt, pepper and paprika. NOTE: You can reduce the amount of seasoning if you like. Stir until combined.
- Add 3 tablespoons for each mini roll. Spread out evenly. If you have any egg salad left, just eat it. **Recipe updated to use mini sub rolls. Can use bread as pictured if you like. Either way.**
- Place the top on the roll.
- Cut each mini sub in 3 sections. Serve!