Chicken Pot Pie Pocket
I made these Chicken Pot Pie Pockets with pizza dough instead of crescent rolls or a flaky pastry. I wanted to see what they tasted like with the pizza dough crust vs. with a flaky crust. My daughter loved them.
If I’m being honest here, I think I would prefer the flaky crust though. That being said, I did like them and it was something different which is what I’m usually after. I hate the same ole same ole, time after time.
I used handmade dough, but you could so easily use the refrigerated dough. Just convert the 1 1/2 lbs of dough to about 2 cans of the refrigerated stuff. Fill it with a mixture of mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, milk and chopped chicken. I topped mine with some cheese, but this was my daughter’s call. I didn’t plan on adding any cheese to it. But she is my daughter and thinks everything tastes better with cheese.
Another change I may make, is not using so much milk. If you can’t tell, it was a little runny, which made for messy. And, if you let these cool down longer than I call for, you could eat these with your hands, like hot pockets are suppose to be eaten, in my opinion.
Which dough would you use?
Pizza Dough or Crescent Roll Dough?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Chicken Pot Pie Pocket
- Sauce Pan
- Rolling Pin
- 9 x 13 Baking Sheet
- 1 1/2 Lbs Pizza Dough
- 1 Bags (12 oz) Mixed Vegetables, Frozen
- 1 Can (10 1/2 oz) Cream of Chicken Soup, Condensed
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix the vegetables, soup, milk and chicken. Heat on medium until warm.
- While the vegetable/soup aka filling mixture is heating up. Roll out the pizza dough to about 18″ x 14″. Doesn’t have to be perfectly measured.
- Cut the pizza dough into 6 sections. Again, doesn’t have to be perfect unless you absolutely have to have them ALL the exact same size.
- Spoon the filling onto the middle of each section. Divided accordingly. If you do not prefer as much filling, use more dough to make more pockets.
- Fold over the dough and pinch or fold to close one side. The filling might leak out, this is ok. **If you prefer, pinch all sides.
- Place pockets on a greased/sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven when done, let cool for 10 minutes. **If desired, sprinkle shredded cheese on top while cooling. SERVE.