Easter Basket Cookie Cups
Aren’t these Easter Basket Cookie Cups cute? I saw the recipe in the magazine “Simply Sweet Fun Treats” . Pretty much followed it like a good girl. However, after making them, with the help of 2 of my grandsons, I would change up one thing. I wouldn’t use the cupcake liners. They are not as easy to get off cookie cups as they are cupcakes.
These were much easier to make than you think too. I pretty much did the cutting and baking. My grandsons did the rest. Yes, it could have been prettier, but they love to help me make fun treats. So much better to see them enjoy this than to have it be “pretty”, don’t you think?
What you need..
To make these, you will need refrigerated cookie dough. I chose sugar cookie dough, but you could go with any dough you prefer. In fact, the recipe called for peanut butter cookie dough. Then you’ll need chocolate frosting, green frosting, jelly beans and sour straws.
These are minis, so you’ll need a mini cupcake pan and mini liners. You could change up and go with full size, just end up with less. 12 instead of 24. No biggie.
Do you let your kids use their own creativity when baking? Or do you take over?
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Easter Basket Cookie Cups
- 1 Pkg (14 oz) Sugar cookie dough, refrigerated
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Can (6.4 oz) Green Decorating Icing
- 12 Sour Candy Straws (cut in half)
- 1/2 Cup Small Jelly Beans
- 24 Mini Paper Baking Cup Liners
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place paper cups in mini muffin tin. **If you decide not to use the cups - spray muffin tin.
- Slice dough for 12 slices total.
- Cut the 12 slices in half for 24 halves total. *Sorry no pic*
- Press each half in bottom of paper cuts and up the sides. *Sorry no pic*
- Bake @ 350° for 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes. Then remove from muffin tin and allow to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. *Sorry no pic*
- Spoon 1 tsp of chocolate frosting in each cookie cup.
- Add green frosting on top of chocolate frosting. *NOTE - you can use a "star tip" and pipe the icing for a more realistic grass look.
- Just before serving, add a few jelly beans for the eggs and insert the sour straw for the handle. ENJOY!