This Crunchy Chicken and Rice Bake is very similar to a green bean casserole. Just hyped up with the added chicken and rice and a lot of cheese!!
This Crunchy Chicken and Rice Bake was a Huge hit! Even with the hubs. I keep raking up the points with him 🙂 This bake has chicken, rice, green beans and the crunchy part…fried onions plus more. Oh yeah. I love those things. I put them in my salads.
Cheesy or not?
With mine though, I doubled the topping of cheese and fried onions. You may want to skip that part if you’re not as into the cheese and fried onions like Sarah and I are. Plus I baked half the cheese and fried onion topping along with the rest of it and then added the other half for the last 5 minutes.
Is it safe to cook raw chicken with rice?
Yes. As long as you cook the chicken through to the correct temperature. Remember the other ingredients that you are adding to your dish besides the rice and chicken. Do they need to cook as long?
Why do people wash raw chicken before cooking?
Not sure. But it is not recommended. Washing the raw chicken can spread any bacteria that is on it. It can travel by the water splashing.
Other Chicken and Rice Recipes
Like Fried Onions?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Crunchy Chicken and Rice Bake
- 9 x 13 Casserole Dish
- 1 Can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken Soup, Condensed Can alternate Cream of Mushroom Soup, Condensed
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Cubed Chicken, cooked
- 1 Cup Rice, cooked
- 1 Can (16 oz) Cut Green Beans, drained
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Can (8 oz) French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in chicken, rice and green beans.
- Add in 1 cup of cheese and 1/3 of the can of fried onions. Mix.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Add 1/2 cup of cheese and 1/3 of the fried onions on top. **You can skip adding the cheese and fried onions if you want to cut it back.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the remaining cheese and fried onions.
- Bake uncovered for 5 more minutes. Remove and let cool before serving.