Make this Chicken Fried Rice and make your family and friends think you got take-out. Easy recipe, easy ingredients.
How do you make chicken fried rice from scratch?
I explain in the recipe below how easy it is to make this dish. You can use this as your main dish or your side dish.
What goes with chicken fried rice?
The following are just a few ideas of what to eat with your chicken fried rice. As I mention above, fried rice can be a side dish or a main dish.
- Egg Drop Soup
- Wonton Soup
- Beef & Broccoli
- Moo Shu Pork/Chicken
- Black Pepper Chicken
- Sesame Noodles with broccoli and almonds
Why is my fried rice crunchy?
Is it burnt? Did you cook it long enough? If the rice is not cooked properly prior to “frying” it, it could be crunchy.
How about some egg rolls to go with that?
Although these are not the traditional egg rolls…you should try them at least once.
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Chicken Fried Rice
- Frying Pan
- 8 oz Cooked chicken, Diced
- 1 1/2 Cup Cooked Rice
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil Can substitute for sesame oil
- 1/2 Cup White Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas and Carrots, Thawed
- 14 Oz Bean Sprouts Optional
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1-2 Tbsp Green Onion, Chopped Optional
- Preheat Skillet (or wok) to medium heat. Add oil. Once heated, add white onions, bean sprouts, and peas and carrots. Cook until tender. Slide mixture to side of pan.
- Scramble the egg on the other side of the pan. Once cooked, mix with the veggies.
- Add rice and chicken to the mixture. Pour in soy sauce and mix. Stir and cook until heated thru and soy sauce is completely combined.
- Add chopped green onions, if desired. Serve!