This Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole is baked in the oven. Made with cream of chicken soup and lots of cheese. Can you say comfort food at it’s finest?
Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole is one of my dishes that my oldest daughter would always request when I would go to her house to help her after having one of her babies. I would always help with laundry, dishes, cooking and any other chores that I could to keep her from having to do anything but sleep and take care of her baby.
Is chicken rice and broccoli healthy?
It is healthier if you use brown rice vs. white rice. Chicken has protein and broccoli is loaded with vitamins and minerals. However, this is not low carb. Drop the rice to reduce a lot of the carbs found in this Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole.
Can you cook raw chicken in a casserole?
Yes, you can, Quite a few people will do this to keep the chicken from overcooking. Just keep in mind the cooking time of the other ingredients so you don’t overcook those. Chicken should have an internal temperature of 165° to be safe to eat.
What goes with Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole?
Rarely do I have a side dish with a casserole. Casseroles are pretty much entire meals in themselves. But, a side of a salad, applesauce or even some sort of bread would go well.
Do you like casseroles?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 9×13 Baking dish
- 4 Cups Chicken, Cooked, Diced
- 1 Bag (20 oz) Frozen Broccoli Florets, Steamed
- 3 Cups Rice, Cooked
- 21 Oz Cream of Chicken Soup 2 cans
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheese **use more or less to your liking
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Preheat Oven to 350°. Spray 11×13 Casserole Dish with cooking spray.
- Mix soup, milk, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour rice, broccoli and chicken in the casserole dish.
- Pour soup mixture over the rice-broccoli-chicken mixture.
- Add 2 cups of cheese over mixture.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it bubbles on the side.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese on top. Let sit for 15 minutes to cool and allow the cheese to melt.