Breakfast Egg Casserole
My daughter and I had a craving yesterday afternoon. Breakfast egg casserole. We ran to the store to get what I didn’t have on hand. Came back and made that sucker! And it was the middle of the day. I’m such the rebel!
Not just for mornings!
That’s the cool thing about breakfast egg casseroles, you don’t have to just eat it for breakfast. You can have this in the middle of the day, like we did. Or you can have it for dinner.
Do you see how fluffy this is? It has a secret ingredient in it. Some of you may know to do this, but some of you probably don’t. I’m going to share this secret with you today. You’ll just have to wait to see the ingredients to find out what that secret is. Hint…scroll to the recipe!
To cheese or not to cheese…
Now, this one doesn’t have cheese in it, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add it. Or, you could add it per person. My hubs doesn’t like cheese very much. He will tolerate it on some things, but for the most part, I have to cut back on most of the cheese I add to “family” meals. I really don’t know what’s wrong with him, but I still love him even though he doesn’t love cheese.
Will you add cheese in yours OR on yours?
Can you see just how fluffy this breakfast egg casserole turned out?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Breakfast Egg Casserole
- Electric Griddle OR
- Frying Pan
- 8×8 baking dish or 8×8 cake pan
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Pancake batter secret ingredient
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 6 Slices Bacon Pork or Turkey
- 5 Patties Sausage Pork or Turkey
- 1 Cup Shredded Potatoes, Frozen
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray an 8×8 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon and sausage. Set aside to cool somewhat.
- Beat eggs, then mix in the milk, pancake batter (not powdered), salt, pepper.
- Crumble up the bacon and sausage. Add this and the shredded potatoes to your egg mix. Pour into the casserole dish. **If you want cheese, add it now as well.
- Cook @ 400° for 30 minutes, depending on your oven. When a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, it's done.