Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
I have been wanting to try and make a biscuits and gravy casserole…and so I did. Except, I wen further and made Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Casserole. I thought about adding some eggs, but decided against it this time. Maybe next time I will try that though. This was good enough without eggs. However, I so think next time I need to add some butter in it. I know, not good for ya, but I have this thing about needing butter with my sausage.
What you need
I made the gravy from scratch, but the rest you’ll need is Grands Biscuits and Frozen Turkey Sausage. That’s it. Doing it that way really cut the time it took to make it. Overall, it took me 20 minutes to prepare it, before throwing it in the oven. The rest is bake time. While this is baking, you could make some eggs to go with.
You could make every component by scratch or cheat all the way. Your call.
If you want to make this any easier, buy some country gravy packages at the store. I would use at least 2 packages. That would give you 4 cups of gravy. About what I had.
The way I put this together, I had some softer biscuits on the bottom and some that had a crunch on top. I wanted a little of both. If you want to put the casserole together in a different way, more power to ya! Do it however you like, that’s the cool thing about this meal. Make it your way.
How will you make your casserole??
Want some other breakfast ideas? Check these out…..
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Frying Pan
- 2 Cans (16.3 oz) Grands Biscuits
- 8 Turkey Sausage, Frozen
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 3/4 Cup Flour, All Purpose
- 4-5 Cups Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt Increase, if desired
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt Increase, if desired
- 2 Tsp Pepper
- For the gravy: Heat the oil in a large skillet to medium high heat. Once heated, add the flour, slowly, while continuously whisking. Continue to whisk until completely blended. No lumps.
- Slowly add 2 cups of the milk to the base (oil and flour). Whisk until well blended. **I took a picture of it at it’s thickest so you could see how thick it will be at this point.
- Add 2-3 cups of milk, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir well, no lumps. You will want a smooth consistency. Bring to a slight boil and then turn your heat down to low or simmer. **You can add more milk if it’s not your desired thin/thickness.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- With one can only, cut each biscuit into 4 quarters. Place in the bottom of a sprayed 3 quart casserole dish.
- Heat up your sausage in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes, turning in between. Cut into small bite size pieces. Place half of these on top of the biscuits in the casserole dish.
- Turn the gravy off and pour all of the gravy on top of the sausage.
- Add the other half of the sausage on top of the gravy.
- Cut the other can of biscuits into quarters like the first one. Layer them on top of everthing.
- Place casserole dish on a baking sheet and place in your preheated oven for 40 minutes. **The baking sheet keeps the bottom layer of biscuits from burning or becoming too done. Let cool about 15-20 minutes before serving.