Breakfast Quesadillas are just one of my tasty breakfast ideas. Made with flour tortillas, scrambled eggs, cheese, and sausage. Quesadillas are easy breakfast ideas for on the go.
These Breakfast Quesadillas turned out to be pretty darn good. Saw a picture of some out there in social media land. So, I figured I’ve made quesadillas before, can’t be too hard to just change up the ingredients.
That being said, it was hard to flip that puppy. I even had cheese layers to attempt to bind it before it was time to flip. Some did better than others.
I made 4 in total. Some of us (not giving away if I was one of those some) were able to eat all 4 quarters. And, some weren’t able to. Keep that in mind when you are making yours. If you are including kids, you might want to go halfsies for each kid.
Can you freeze breakfast quesadillas?
After you’re done cooking these, let the quesadilla cool to room temp – place in airtight plastic container/bag – freeze up to 2 months. To reheat – either microwave in a paper towel for 45 secs – 1 minute (depending on your microwave) OR let thaw in refrigerator and reheat in a frying pan with a tsp of oil)
How do you make breakfast quesadillas?
You can make these several ways…
- Follow my instructions below by adding your ingredients between 2 tortillas then cooking.
- Add your ingredients on one tortilla and then close in half. (This will make it a little easier to fry without losing much of the innards).
- Add your ingredients between 2 tortillas and use a quesadilla maker to cook it.
If you have a quesadilla maker, you might just want to use it!!
Need some other recipes using tortillas?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
- 2 Each Tortillas
- 1/2 Cup Breakfast Sausage Crumbles You make or store bought
- 2 Scrambled Eggs
- 1 – 1 1/4 Cup Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Sauteed Onions Optional
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Prepare the sausage, if applicable, and scramble the eggs.
- Heat frying pan on medium to medium high heat
- Add butter
- Place one tortilla in heated frying pan
- Add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup cheese (depending on how much cheese you like)
- Add the 1/2 cup of sausage crumbles on top of the cheese
- Add another 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the sausage
- Add the scrambled eggs and onions
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese on top of the eggs
- Place the remaining tortilla on top and press down to smash the quesadilla
- Carefully flip and cook 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Cut in quarters and serve.