Bowtie Pasta Meal is one of the simple bow tie pasta recipes with ground beef. This one is made in the Instant Pot, so very easy to make.
What is bowtie pasta called?
Farfalle. Farfalle means butterflies in Italian, but is commonly called bow tie because of it’s shape.
What pasta is best for meat sauce?
Wider noodles pair well with rich, meaty sauces. Thinner flat noodles pair best with cream sauces. But, why stick with the norm? Eat what makes you happy. Bowtie pasta goes really well with this meaty sauce.
What pasta is best for weight loss?
Whole wheat pasta has less carbs. You can always switch out pastas in a recipe, if you are looking to go low carb.
Looking for other pasta recipes that don’t have bowtie pasta?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Bowtie Pasta Meal
- Instant Pot
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef
- 4 Cups Water, divided
- 2 Pkg Brown Gravy mix
- 2 Tbsp Better than bouillon, Beef Base Can substitute beef bouillon cubes
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 12 Oz Bowtie Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Add the oil and allow to heat up.
- Add the ground beef and cook until done (about 8-10 minutes). Drain when done cooking. Turn Instant Pot, for now.
- While the ground beef is cooking, mix 2 cups of the water with the 2 packages of the brown gravy mix.
- Mix 2 cups of the water with the Better than bouillon beef base. Stir until dissolved.
- Add browned ground beef, gravy mix, bouillon mix, sour cream, pasta, onion powder, salt and pepper back in the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Put the lid on. Make sure the vent/seal is set to seal.
- Select the manual setting; adjust pressure to high. Set the time for 5 minutes.
- When done, allow the natural release cycle is complete. (maybe 10 minutes or so). Or, you can use the quick release (check the directions for quick release).
- Let stand 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly more and to cool.