This Sweet Shrimp and Bacon Alfredo Sauce is made using sauce in a jar, however, you can also use homemade. I made it sweet with sweetened condensed milk.
How do you make Alfredo sauce from scratch?
I have a couple here on my site that you can use in lieu of the jar. You will need to alternate the milk or cream for the sweetened condensed milk to make it “sweet”.
How do you thicken Alfredo Sauce
Dilute 3 Tbsp of flour in 1/2 cup of water. Add to the sauce.
Can I used grated Parmesan instead of shredded?
You can use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. But, do NOT use the powered Parmesan cheese that you buy in jars. That will leave your sauce with a grainy texture.
Can I cook shrimp in Alfredo sauce?
Yes, you can cook shrimp right in the sauce. I just chose to cook my shrimp separately with this recipe. You can do either.
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Sweet Shrimp and Bacon Alfredo Sauce
- Frying Pan
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 40-50 Medium Shrimp, thawed and cooked
- 4 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Jar (16 oz) Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- Cook bacon. Drain and crumble.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the Alfredo sauce, 2 tablespoons of butter, the sweetened condensed milk, parsley, onion powder and pepper. Turn the heat on low and let simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Add olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter to a medium skillet and heat to medium high heat.
- Add shrimp to the heated skillet. Cook about 4 minutes.
- Flip the shrimp over and cook another 4 minutes.
- Add bacon crumbles to the sauce. Stir.
- Add cooked shrimp to the sauce. Stir. Let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Pour into serving dish.