Hamburger and Sausage Soup is a combination of ground beef, sausage and egg noodles. Very hearty and perfect for fall/winter days.
Can you put raw ground beef in soup?
If you cook it enough in the liquid, yes. However, I would recommend to brown it first.
What can you make with hamburger meat?
Obviously, this Hamburger and Sausage Soup is one of them. But here are a few more ideas…
- Bowtie Pasta Meal (made with the instant pot)
- Sloppy Joes then make Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Bacon Cheeseburger Toast (Appetizer)
- Hamburger Steaks
- Southern Salisbury Steaks
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Bacon Fried Onion Cheeseburger
How long is hamburger soup good for?
It will keep in the fridge up to 4 days in an airtight sealed container.
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – Hey, if you like any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at email@example.com .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Hamburger and Sausage Soup
- 4-6 Quart Sauce Pan
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 10 oz Beef Sausage, Link. Sliced 1 Pkg
- 1 Cup Onions, Chopped
- 8 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Beef Bouillon Base "Better than Bouillon"
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups Egg Noodles, Uncooked
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- Brown ground beef and onions in a frying pan. Add pepper while frying.
- Add sliced sausage and heat until warm.
- Remove from pan and drain.
- With remaining grease in pan, slowly add flour while whisking to form a roux.
- After your roux is formed…slowly whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil…then simmer until thickened.
- Add meat/onion mixture and gravy to a 4-6 quart pot.
- Mix the bouillon base and the 8 cups of water together. Pour water mixture into the pot with the meat/gravy.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once your water is at a boil, add your noodles/pasta. Stir. Let boil for 15 minutes. Occasionally stirring. Then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and Simmer for 2 hours. Serve.