I love that these squash fritters can be eaten alone or as a side dish. Check this out to find out how to make squash fritters for your next meal.
How do you grate squash? How do you shred yellow squash?
Use a grater, like this one, and grate the squash as if you were grating cheese. Keep in mind, vegetables, like squash, will be watery. Unless your recipe calls for the “extra” liquid, you will need to drain the water from your squash/vegetable.
Can I substitute yellow squash for zucchini?
Any type of squash will work with this recipe, for the most part. Whenever you see a recipe that calls for yellow squash, you can always trade out for zucchini. Always read the recipe though, and make sure subbing won’t create a problem. Spaghetti squash could be the exception.
Can you freeze squash fritters?
Place in an airtight container after cooling to room temperature. Place in freezer. Will last up to 2 months in the freezer. To reheat, allow to thaw to room temperature. Reheat in an air fryer or oven for best results.
What to serve with squash fritters.
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
- Grater / Shredder
- Wire Mesh Strainer
- 3-4 Squash, medium, grated
- 1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp Olive or Avocado Oil
- 4 Tbsp Sour Cream Optional
- 2 Tbsp Green Onions or Chives, chopped Optional
- Stir together squash and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a large wire-mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Let stand until squash has released water, about 15 minutes.
- Discard liquid. Place squash in a kitchen towel, and squeeze to remove excess water. Add squash to a large dry bowl.
- Add flour, Parmesan, and eggs to the bowl. Stir.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan on med. heat. Take two tbsp of the squash mixture, flatten it. Place it in the pan. Repeat this process until you can't fit anymore patties. Cook until crispy and golden brown. Should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and brown the other side. Another 2-3 minutes.
- Place on plate with paper towels to absorb the grease.
- Repeat the process until all of your mixture is gone.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt (if desired) on the fritters. Top with the sour cream and green onions (if desired). Serve.