Crispy Turkey Bacon. Miss the crispiness from your bacon? Use this simple trick with only one ingredient to make it crispy!
Are you one of those people that would eat turkey bacon if it was crispy? But no matter how you cook it, either in a skillet or in an oven, it never comes out crispy?
You came to the right place!! With the addition of one simple ingredient you can make that turkey bacon crispy!! It’s a mind blower!
Can you get crispy turkey bacon?
When I eat turkey bacon, it’s just not the same. My first problem is that it’s not as crispy. I was having this conversation with my oldest daughter one day and she showed me how to make it crispier AND have a little better of a flavor. Oil. That’s the trick. All you have to do is drizzle a little olive oil on the turkey bacon as it’s cooking and it will be crispier than it normally is.
How to make crispy turkey bacon in the oven.
UPDATE – I decided to add the instructions on how to make crispy turkey bacon in the oven since more and more people are using their ovens to make bacon.
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 4-6 Tbsp Avocado Oil/Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 450°. Place foil on a baking sheet. Lay slices of bacon on the baking sheet. Brush oil over the bacon. Bake 10 minutes. Flip the bacon. Bake 5-10 minutes depending on the desired crispiness.
How do you like your bacon?
Recipes to use your turkey bacon in..(just substitute)
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
How to make CRISPY Turkey Bacon
- 4 Slices Turkey Bacon
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- Heat skillet/griddle to medium high heat.
- Place slices of turkey bacon on skillet/griddle.
- Drizzle olive oil along top of each slice of bacon.
- Cook for 7 minutes then flip and cook the other side for 7 minutes. **You can adjust this time depending on how crispy you like your turkey bacon.
- Place on paper towels to drain. Pat the top of the turkey bacon with paper towels to remove the grease/oil. SERVE.
- ALT METHOD: 12 slices - 4-6 Tbsp Avocado Oil - Preheat oven to 450°. Place foil on a baking sheet. Lay slices of bacon on the baking sheet. Brush oil over the bacon. Bake 10 minutes. Flip the bacon. Bake 5-10 minutes depending on the desired crispiness. Makes 6 Servings (2 slices each)