Looking for a juicy Meatloaf recipe with bacon does NOT have tomato sauce? Look no further. This is it!! Whether you don’t like tomato sauce or, like me, can’t eat it due to tummy issues. I got you covered.
Do you cover meatloaf when baking?
Keep it covered to help it from drying out. I chose a different route with this recipe. I added the gravy mix (with water) to mine. It makes it moist and I can get the bacon on top crispy by cooking it uncovered.
How do you keep meatloaf moist? Eggs, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, gravy, or whatever liquid you use, use plenty. Or, you can cook the meatloaf covered till the final 10-15 minutes. Then uncover and finish cooking.
At what temperature is the meatloaf done?
The internal temperature should read 165°.
Why is my meatloaf falling apart?
Pack the mixture, like you would a hamburger patty, nice and tight. Do you have enough binders in your recipe? Eggs and bread crumbs (or crushed crackers) are binders and help everything “stick” together.
You could try the cute little Meatloaf Cups as well. These are the cutest little things, topped with mashed potatoes. Get your meal all in one bite.
Need some ideas for side dishes?
This time, I just had mashed potatoes, gravy, lima beans and corn.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information
- 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan
- 1/2 Lb Pork, Ground
- 1/2 Lb Beef, Ground Round
- 1 1/2 Cup Ritz Crackers, Crushed
- 2 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 Pkg Brown Gravy Mix 1/2 dry mix, 1/2 mixed with the 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 Slices Bacon, cut in half
- Preheat Oven to 400°. Spray Loaf Pan with Cooking Spray
- Mix together the following…Pork, Beef, Crushed Crackers, Worchestershire Sauce, Brown Gravy (see above for mixture), eggs, cheese and seasonings to taste.
- Put mixture in loaf pan (or other type dish if desired). Pack the meatloaf, so it doesn't fall apart while cooking.
- Lay your slices of bacon across the top.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until the internal temperature is at least 165°.