Philly Cheesesteak Roll has thinly sliced steak, mozzarella and provolone cheese. It not only looks good, but makes a great tasting appetizers that everyone will love!!
With this updated version, I did not use “Steak Um”, I used 14oz of thinly sliced steak that I found in the meat section at Kroger.
A new take on the classic Philly Cheesesteak Roll.
You could serve this as a main course, or cut it up and serve at a get together as finger food/appetizer. It tastes great alone, but I had mine with Ranch Dressing. I also used the crescent dough sheet, rather than the one that is preforrated for individual crescents.
What size is a Pillsbury crescent dough sheet?
Straight from the can (8 oz), the sheet measures 1.8 x 7.0 x 1.8. Depending on how you lay it out, it will be 7 inches wide/long. Most recipes, like this one, will have you rolling it out further.
What can I use instead of crescent roll dough?
With the results being different. You can use any other dough for the Philly Cheesesteak Roll. You could try pizza dough, french bread dough or even puff pastry. Many options to try.
Do you like recipes like the Philly Cheesesteak Roll that use crescent rolls because they are so easy? If so, check some more I have…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – Hey, if you like any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information
Philly Cheesesteak Roll
- Frying Pan
- Rolling Pin
- 9 x 13 Baking Sheet
- 1 Pkg Sirloin Philly Steak – Frozen or, 14oz thinly sliced steak
- 5 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 5 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 Cut Onion Optional
- 1 Roll Crescent Roll, refrigerated Or Dough Sheet
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven as directed on the crescent roll package. Add butter, frozen sirloin philly steak and cut up onions to a skillet. Cook on medium high heat till brown. Put cooked meat and onion mixture on a plate with paper towels.
- While the meat mixture is cooking, prepare the crescent roll. Lay out on wax paper and roll till the dough is about twice the size.
- Cut slits in both (long) sides of the rolled out dough.
- Layer the dough (in the middle) with the cheeses.
- Layer the cheese with the meat mixture.
- Place another layer of cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Fold up each end of the dough.
- Now, begin braiding with the slits you cut. Start from one end. Alternate each side till you reach the middle. Then start the other end till you reach the middle.
- Place on the cookie sheet by “rolling” off the wax paper. Cook as directed on the crescent roll package.