Ham and cheese pinwheels with cream cheese. Pinwheels have become one of the most made appetizers, but they make great snacks too.
How to make Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
This is a recipe for your basic pinwheel. You should add any extra ingredients that you like in yours. I wanted to get you started and then let you be creative! Add some lettuce, maybe some green onions, or just change up the type of meat and cheese.
Can you make pinwheels ahead of time?
Yes. In fact, you have to make them somewhat ahead of time so they can set in the fridge. I like to make mine the day before any type of party or get together. It’s one less thing to make the day of.
How long will pinwheels keep in the refrigerator?
About 4 days from the day you made them. If you made these as an appetizer for a party, they will probably be gone before the party is over.
Mix and Match Ideas –
- Monterrey Jack
- Dried Beef
- Onion (White, Green, Yellow, Red)
- Peppers (Green, Red)
- Cucumber (diced)
I think you’re getting the idea! Create your own masterpiece!! What will you put on yours?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information
Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 Tortilla, flour or wheat
- 3 Slices American Cheese
- 5 Slices Cooked Ham
- 3-4 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 Tsp Accent Optional
- Spread as much Cream Cheese on your tortilla as you like. At least cover the entire tortilla.**If you chose to add the accent, mix it in the cream cheese before spreading.
- Layer your cheese down the middle of the tortilla.
- Layer the entire tortilla with the ham. Cut in half if need be.
- Roll the tortilla up and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After chilled in refrigerator, slice off the ends (and eat it, shouldn’t waste food). Slice the remaining tortilla. Depending on the thickness, depends on how many slices you get. I got about 10 per tortilla. Serve.