This Breakfast Crescent Roll Up is scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and cheese all rolled up in crescent dough, then baked. I made something similar with my Bacon Cheeseburger Roll Up. Only, it’s for dinner. This is for breakfast.
A crescent roll up is basically the same thing as a pinwheel. Except, in this case, you bake it while it’s still rolled up and then slice it. Most pinwheel recipes are sliced first. Not all. We’ll just say this is also a breakfast pinwheel and move on.
These Breakfast Crescent Roll Ups can be served as a full meal, appetizer or even easy brunch snacks. They make great finger food or grab and go breakfast. See below for instructions on how to freeze them. Then you can just reheat what you need in the morning and head out.
How do you make breakfast pinwheels / roll ups?
You will first need the refrigerated crescent dough. Pillsbury now has the packages that the crescent dough is not divided up into 8 “triangles”. It is one solid sheet for recipes just like this one. Makes it soooo much easier.
Next you will require the following ingredients…
- Cooked Bacon
- Cooking Sausage Patties
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green onions
Can Crescent pinwheels or roll ups be frozen?
Yes. Allow them to cool down to room temperature. Then wrap them individually. Keep the individually-wrapped rolls in a freezer bag until you are ready to reheat. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
To reheat frozen crescent rolls in the microwave: Reheat in increments of 30 seconds. Checking each time. Microwaves vary and so do the size of the “slices”.
Here are some other recipes you might like using crescent dough..
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Breakfast Crescent Roll Up
- 1 Pkg – 8 oz Crescent Dough, whole sheet, refrigerated
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Slices Bacon, Fried, Crumbled
- 4 Patties Breakfast Sausage, Cooked, Crumbled
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded, Divided
- 2 Tbsp Green Onions, Divided
- Scramble eggs with salt, pepper in butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add bacon, sausage, and 1 cup green onions to the eggs. Mix.
- Lay out crescent dough on sprayed wax paper.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cheese on the dough.
- Add the scrambled eggs mix.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese on the egg mixture.
- Roll the dough up using the wax paper to help. See additional pictures for help.
- Keep pulling the top of the wax paper towards the bottom, until it's rolled. Leave it on the wax paper to transfer to the baking sheet.
- Roll the dough off the wax paper onto a sprayed baking dish.
- Bake @ 350° for 15 minutes, remove from oven. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice however thick you want, Mine are about 1/4" thick. Lay back on the baking dish, cut side up. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and green onions on top.
- Baked 5-7 more minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve.