Coconut Cheesecake. No Bake. Doesn’t heat up your kitchen in the middle of summer. This cheesecake has two layers. One has pudding. And the other has a combo of the pudding and cream cheese.
My Mom sent me a link for a coconut cream pie, but, I’m more of a cheesecake chick. I figured a way to make it somewhat a cream pie, but yet a cheesecake. Hey, my Mom still loved it. In fact, she said she could eat it all day for every meal.
Pudding…either vanilla or coconut will work.
I was going to make it with coconut pudding, however, I could not find it at the grocery store that I went to. I thought that was strange. Are they not making it anymore? Or is it just my store? So, I used vanilla pudding mix instead and mixed it with coconut milk. Still has that coconut flavor. And, after making it, I think I may like it better. There is coconut , but not too much coconut.
What’s the difference between baked and no bake cheesecake
Ingredients, for one. Baked cheesecakes are almost always made with eggs. You should cook eggs, and not have them raw in your cake mixture. Plus, it wouldn’t taste all that great.
I found a site that has a great explanation. Faceyourbatter says she prefers baked over no-bake. It’s the opposite for me, but we both agree that the other is good too. I’ll eat both. Go check out her post on To bake or not to bake: Cheesecake dilemma.
How do you make a no bake cheesecake
A no bake cheesecake needs a crust, just like the baked variety. It’s the filling that is different. And there are many different ingredients to make one. I tend to use cream cheese as the starting foundation of the “filling”. For softer cheesecakes, or cheesecake dips, you could use evaporated milk along with the cream cheese. If you want a slightly firmer filling, add cool whip.
The flavor comes from the “other” ingredients. You could use fruit, pie filling, pudding mix, cake mix, candy, chocolate, and many other ingredients.
How to toast coconut
For the toasted coconut, I’ll put it in the recipe below, but just lay some out on a cooking sheet and bake at 325 ° for about 5-7 minutes. However long your oven needs and however toasted you like it.
Want some more cheesecake ideas?
Maybe you’re not in to Coconut. Check these out.
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
- Spring Form Pan or Deep Dish Pie Dish
- 1 Cup Finely Ground Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 4-5 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 Pkgs (3.3 oz) Vanilla Instant Pudding Can sub Coconut Cream Pudding
- 1 Can (13.5 oz) Coconut Milk Found on Baking Aisle
- 1 Pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Toasted Coconut
- In bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix and coconut milk. Whisk until combined & creamy. Set aside to thicken up.
- Mix Graham Cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into springform pan, or pie dish. Set aside.
- In bowl or stand mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar. Blend well. Add 1/2 cup of the pudding mix to the cream cheese. Blend well.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese.
- Add the remaining pudding as your first layer on top of your graham cracker crust. Level out as much as you can.
- Add the cream cheese mixture on top of the pudding mix for the second layer.Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, preferrably overnight.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top when ready to serve. If you used a spring form, remove the outer ring and slice away.