Rice and Crab Salad with corn and cucumber. Great cold summer side dish to be served alongside any cookout!!
You can make this dish with real crab, or if you are on a budget, use the imitation crab meat like I did. I found mine in the seafood section at my local grocery store, Kroger.
What is Crab Salad made of?
This Rice and Crab Salad is made using rice, cucumber, corn, eggs and imitation crab. Some people refer to it as Crab Salad with Rice and Corn, or Crab Salad with corn and cucumber. Either way, it’s flippin’ good.
If you are wondering to yourself right now “Uh, what’s in imitation crab?”, I have a link for you to check it out, if you have never had it, or you’re unsure about it.
The first time I ever had this, I wasn’t sure I would like the combination. Just seemed a little weird to me. Boy, was I wrong. This has to be one of my favorite dishes. I would request this every time we would have a get together.
What can I do with imitation crab meat?
Other than make this dish right here? If you’re thinking of something else, another idea that quickly comes to mind is crab cakes? You can substitute it for shrimp in any dish. For example, Crab Alfredo.
Two Versions were made
I made two versions of the Rice and Crab Salad. One with cucumbers and one without. My husband does not like cucumbers, but the rest of us do. So, He got his own dish and we shared the other one with cucumbers. Not to diss my hubs, but I love cucumbers, and I personally think it is better with cucumbers.
Rice and Crab Salad will go great with the following dishes and many more…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Rice and Crab Salad
- 3 Cups Cooked Rice Cooled Rice, not Warm
- 2 Each Eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 Cup Imitation Crab, Flaked Meat, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 3-6 Tbsp Mayonnaise **Depends on how creamy you like it
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Prepare Rice. Cut/Dice Ingredients.
- Combine Cooled, Cooked Rice, Corn, Crab Meat, Eggs, Cucumber & Salt & Pepper
- Add the mayonnaise. Mix well. **Add more if desired, I did.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, if not overnight. Serve chilled.
- 1 - Small Onion, minced
- 1 Clove - Garlic, finely chopped
- Dill, chopped (to sprinkle on top once mixed) You can also remove items if you are not a fan and replace them. ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE - If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed all or some of them above within the post. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.