Christmas Muddy Buddies, aka Puppy Chow, are like crack. You can’t stop eating them. These are made using white chocolate instead of peanut butter, so, even sweeter!!!
Is it puppy chow or muddy buddies?
Basically, they are the same thing, and both have different ingredients, versions of them. So, You can customize them to whatever holiday, event you need them for.
What are muddy buddies made of?
Traditionally, the cereal (usually Chex cereal) is coated with a melted mixture of chocolate chips, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Then, they are coated with powdered sugar. Hence, they are one of the most addicting snacks you’ll ever make. Over time, people have been coming up with different variations of it.
How to make Christmas Muddy Buddies…
Just scroll down for my recipes. Keep in mind, you can change up the candy used and the type of baking sprinkles to make it your own.
Other Christmas goodies…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – Hey, if you like any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Christmas Muddy Buddies
- 9 x 13 Baking Sheet
- 4 1/2 Cups Crispix or Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Green Sugar Sprinkles
- 1 Tbsp Sugar sprinkles Red or Green
- 1/2 Cup Mini Red and Green Baking Bits
- Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl in the microwave for a total of 45 seconds to 1 minute. Stir after 20-30 seconds. (Or your preferred method of melting chocolate)
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal and mix well. Pour into a gallon size baggie. Add powdered sugar, sprinkles and baking bits. Shake well to cover completely.
- Pour mix out on a cookie sheet in a thin layer. Let set for about 30 minutes to an hour.