Christmas Popcorn Cake
Not only is this a festive Christmas Popcorn Cake, but I used a bundt pan to make it look like a wreath. Bonus! I was inspired to make this when I was at my Son’s house last weekend. He had a store bought mini popcorn cake and it was sooooo cute. I told him that I needed to make one of those. And I did!
This is very similar to popcorn balls or popcorn treats. All you need is popcorn, white chocolate, butter, baking bits and sprinkles. Oh and a pan to mold it. I used a bundt pan, of course, but I’m sure you could mold this into any pan. Be creative!
It would be such a great addition to your Christmas treats or you could score some points by taking it to a party. Eat it by either slicing it or just picking at it. However you want to serve it is up to you. Sarah and I have been just picking at ours. That way we will eat less rather than sit down and finish off a whole slice of it.
Here’s another bonus…you don’t have to just make this for Christmas. Change up the decorations and colors and you can have one of these for any other holiday or for a color themed birthday. Go crazy!!
What will you use on your popcorn cake?
What other goodies will you be making?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Christmas Popcorn Cake
- Bundt Cake Pan
- 1 Pkg Microwave Popcorn
- 2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Mini Red and Green Baking Bits
- 1/3 Cup Green Sugar Sprinkles
- Spray Bundt Cake pan with cooking spray.
- Cook popcorn in microwave as directed. Pour into large bowl. NOTE: Can use homemade popcorn instead. My bag made 4 1/2 cups popped.
- Microwave white chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl until melted. About 45 seconds to 1 minutes. Stir halfway.
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn and stir until all popcorn is coated.
- Add baking bits and sprinkles to popcorn. Stir or toss until mixed well.
- Press popcorn mixture into the bundt pan. Press down well! NOTE: If too loose, it will fall apart after removing from pan.
- Refrigerate to set about 1-2 hours. Remove from fridge and let sit about 10 minutes before removing from pan.