Christmas Cake Brownies
Aren’t these Christmas Cake Brownies festive looking? I used Christmas colors, but you could change up the colors for any holiday/event. Oh, and I dyed the powdered sugar on top there. Cool, right?
I used my recipe from the Blue Cake Mix Brownies to make the cake brownies. But this time, I added frosting and topped it with colored powdered sugar. Cake Brownies are a mix between cake and brownie. You get the best of both worlds. With the store bought cake mix, it’s so easy to make and all you need for the cake brownies is 4 ingredients. You might have them all right now in your kitchen!
The grand kids loved these, in fact, they kept asking for more. Good thing I made a big batch of them, right?
So, I’m thinking these would great to make for a class party or a party with lots of kids. Or a get together with a lot of people.
Do you ever take goodies to your kids school parties? What kind of goody do you usually take?
More Christmas Goodies…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Christmas Cake Brownies
- 9×13 Baking dish
- Stand Mixer/Hand Mixer
- 2 Pkg, 8.25oz Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix, Red
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Tub (16 oz) Pillsbury Classic White Frosting
- Powdered Sugar, Green Optional
- Preheat oven to 350° and Spray 13×9 or bigger dish.
- Combine cake mix, egg, water and oil in a medium to large bowl. Beat on medium for at least 2 minutes. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon into pan and flatten. I use a baggie on my hand sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 2-3 hours if adding frosting.
- Once cake brownies have cooled. Add frosting generously. If possible, get a little helper. Hi Kyleigh!!
- Sprinkle green powdered sugar on top, if desired.