You can make these white chocolate covered cookies for any Patriotic holiday, or change up the colors to suit your needs. Very versatile!! I used white chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies…AKA….Nutter Butters!!
You can store these at room temperature, if you place them in an airtight container.
If stored as mentioned above, these will last up to 2 weeks.
What do Nutter Butters taste like?
Nutter Butters are peanut butter cookies with peanut butter filling. If you don’t like these particular chocolate covered cookies……….no worries…….just change out to your favorite cookie.
Other patriotic desserts…
Some ideas for summertime/patriotic cook outs/parties…
- Loaded Potato Salad
- Rice and Crab Salad
- Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Peach Cobbler Cake
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – Hey, if you like any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information
Chocolate Covered Cookies
- Double Boiler
- 12 Oz Pkg Nabisco Nutter Butters
- 12 Oz White Chocolate Baking Chips
- 4 Tbsp Shortening
- 2 Tbsp Sugar Sprinkles Red/Blue
- In a double broiler (or a small sauce pan inside a medium sauce pan with water), place the bag of white chocolate chips and the shortening. Slowly heat till the chocolate is melted. NOTE: Keep the temp on low. Never bring to a boil. AND, do not allow water to get in the chocolate.
- Dip half of the cookie in the chocolate and place on wax paper to cool. Immediately sprinkle while the chocolate is still soft.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Heat the chocolate back up before taking the cookies out of the fridge.
- Dip the other half of the cookie in the chocolate, place on the wax paper and sprinkle.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.