How to make baked squash casserole. This one uses yellow squash, onions (optional) and bread crumbs, with a few other ingredients.
Do you peel squash before cooking for the Baked Squash Casserole?
Summer/Yellow squash does not need to be peeled. As with all vegetables, be sure to wash it before cutting.
Can you eat the seeds in squash?
Absolutely. Squash seeds are edible and are very nutritious. You won’t even know you’re eating them in a cooked recipe. Some separate the seeds and roast them and eat them alone.
Can you eat a raw squash?
Yes. However, butternut and acorn squash must be cooked. And, yellow squash and zucchini are great to use in a vegetable tray to be dipped.
Baked Squash Casserole not tickle your fancy?
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Baked Squash Casserole
- 8×8 baking dish or 8×8 cake pan
- 2 Medium Squash
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 Cup Onions, Largely Diced
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan, Grated
- Slice (big) the squash and then cut the slices in four.
- Boil the squash for 10 minutes to soften. You can add time here depending on how squishy you like your squash. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray 8×8 Square Casserole Dish with cooking spray.
- Add 4 pats of butter in the casserole dish. Then add the squash, onions, and eggs.
- Mix it all together.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and Parmesan on top.
- Bake 45 minutes or until done.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes. Serve.