Chicken Casserole with Stuffing is creamy, loaded with Swiss cheese and best of all, has stuffing. Casseroles are great for feeding crowds too!
Talk about creamy and cheesy. However, if you like, you could cut one of the cans of the cream of chicken soup and it won’t be as soupy. Totally a preference here.
Do you cook chicken before putting it in a casserole?
Yes. You should. Chicken takes a bit longer to cook than the rest of the ingredients and your dish would not turn out like it should if you have to cook it long enough for the chicken to cook.
What goes good with chicken casserole?
Pretty much any kind of vegetable would pair well with this casserole considering there isn’t any in this dish. Breads would go good, like crescent rolls, biscuits, dinner rolls, or even butter bread.
What are the 3 main ingredients to a casserole.
This is good to know for ANY casserole. Start with these 3 ingredients and then customize it with what you like after that.
- Base – aka the main texture – aka meat or a main vegetable, if you’re going meatless.
- Extender – helps thicken the dish. Could range from bread crumbs, rice, pasta, stuffing, even potatoes.
- Binder – a liquid that holds it all together (also helps it from being dry). This could be a broth, milk, soup, gravy, or a sauce.
What did I use for this creamy chicken casserole recipe?
- Chicken, cooked, cubed
- Cream of chicken soup
- Stuffing, already prepared
- Swiss Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Would you like some ideas of side dishes to go with the Chicken Casserole with Stuffing?
I have two squash dishes out there right now….Sauteed Squash and Squash Casserole. By the time you’re reading this, you might want to go see if I have posted the Squash and Zucchini Spears that I ate with this.
If you are a cheese lover and it’s not too much for you, you could make my easy Cheesy Green Beans.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at email@example.com .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Chicken Casserole with Stuffing
- 9×13 Baking dish
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken, Cooked, Cubed
- 1 Box (6 oz) Stuffing, Prepared I used Stove top, cornbread
- 2 Cans (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Cups Swiss Cheese, Shredded
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray the 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray. I use avocado oil.
- Combine the soup, milk, salt, and pepper in a med to large bowl. Whisk.
- Add the chicken in and stir.
- Pour the soup/chicken mixture in the baking dish.
- Add 1 cup of the shredded Swiss cheese to your prepared stuffing. Mix/Stir.
- Add the stuffing mix over the soup/chicken mix in the baking dish. Try to layer evenly.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and cook for 30 minutes at 350°.
- Remove the dish from the oven, remove the foil. Add the additional 2 cups of shredded swiss cheese. Place back in the oven (uncovered) for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.