Baked Squash and Zucchini Spears. Yellow Squash and Zucchini cut into spears and baked to a soft perfection with a little bit of seasonings. Great side dish.
These are a perfect side dish that could compliment so many main dishes. I made these with my Chicken Casserole with Stuffing (not posted just yet). Should be by the time you read this though.
Is “green squash” a zucchini?
Yes, they are the same thing. All Zucchini are squash, but not all squash are zucchini.
Do you peel zucchini before cooking?
If there is a wax on the skin, to extend it’s shelf life, then yes, peel the skin. Other than that, it’s a personal preference.
Can cooked squash be frozen?
What’s in my Baked Squash and Zucchini Spears?
- Yellow Squash
- Avocado Oil
- Onion Powder (can substitute with garlic powder)
These don’t float your boat?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Baked Squash and Zucchini Spears
- Baking Sheet
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 2 Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Avocado Oil Can substitute with Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder Can substitute with Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Fresh or Dried
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Slice your squash and zucchini lengthwise in quarters. Ending up with 16 spears. Place the squash/zucchini on a baking sheet, flesh up.
- Drizzle your oil over the squash and zucchini spears. MIx the salt, pepper, onion powder, and parsley in a bowl. Sprinkle of the spears.
- Top off by sprinkling the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.