This Bacon Fried Onion Cheeseburger is a bacon cheeseburger on steroids. The ingredients include ground beef, fried onions and cheese all within the burger itself.
OMGosh, this little guy, the Bacon Fried Onion Cheeseburger, rocked! I started with my previous French Fried Onion Burgers and took them to the next level.
Are you on a low carb diet? These only have 3 carbs total if you have them without the buns.
Why are my burgers mushy?
Lean meat can be lacking in flavor AND texture. Use more fatty meat (80/20) and using a binder, such as the cheese (or eggs or bread crumbs), the burger should turn out better.
How do you add flavor to a burger?
Try to add Worcestershire or steak sauce. Or, seasonings/herbs help with flavor as well. But, if you follow this recipe, you’ll find some flavor.
How do you tell if a Bacon Fried Onion Cheeseburger is undercooked “done”?
Press on the burger with a spatula and if the juices come out “reddish”, your burger is not cooked through. When the juices are clear, your burger is cooked through. The lighter the “red” becomes, the more cooked it becomes. Just slightly pink juices would give you a medium to medium well burger.
Other bacon cheeseburger recipes….
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Bacon Fried Onion Cheeseburger
- Electric Griddle OR
- Frying Pan
- 8 Slices Bacon, uncooked
- 2/3 Cup French’s Fried Onions
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 1/2 Lb Ground Beef
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 425○. Cook bacon in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until done to your preferred crispiness. Drain on paper towels. Crunch up bacon into small pieces.
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, bacon, fried onions, cheese, Lawry’s and pepper.
- Preheat griddle or skillet to medium high heat. Make 6 patties out of the ground beef mixture. Place on griddle/skillet.
- Cook, on medium-medium high heat, 5-6 minutes on each side or until done to your likin'. Chow down!!