EASY Fried Apple Dumplings
Do you like apple pie? Or even the ones you can buy at the grocery store or gas stations? Those little fried apple pies? You’re in luck then. Fried Apple Dumplings taste a WHOLE lot like those. They’re like mini fried apple pies. And would go great with some vanilla ice cream.
I got smart. This time while I’m writing up my recipe and telling you all about it. I’m actually eating one. This way there is no forgetting how they taste. The filling is apple pie filling with some added cinnamon and sugar. EASY! If you like different spices in yours, then don’t hold back.
The apple filling is inside a wonton wrapper. EASY! Seal the edges with a beaten egg. EASY! Fry in oil. EASY! Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix or powdered sugar. EASY! You get the point I’m guessing.
How I made mine..
I fried mine in a 10″ skillet. I used the smaller one to use less oil. So, I only fried 4-5 at a time. This took me 6 batches. If you plan on doing less batches, please adjust the amount of oil you will use. You want at least 1/3 of the skillet filled up with the oil.
Want a couple more recipes using wonton wrappers?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
EASY Fried Apple Dumplings
- Frying Pan
- 1 Can (21 oz) Apple Pie Filling
- 28 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil Or substitute
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture Mix as desired
- Powdered Sugar If desired
- In bowl, blend apple pie filling and 2 tbsp of the cinnamon/sugar mixture with a hand mixer.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium/high heat.
- Place 1 tbsp of apple pie filling in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Fold over to form a triangle. Seal the edges with the beaten egg using your fingers. Continue until your done rolling all of them.
- Place about 4-5 wontons in the oil and fry on each side 1 1/2 – 2 minutes. Repeat until you’ve fried them all.
- Place on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with your choice of powdered sugar or cinnamon/sugar mixture.