Slow Cooker Apple Crumble
Are you all for not heating up your kitchen this summer? If so, here’s a Slow Cooker Apple Crumble you can make in the slow cooker aka crock pot. I set this up mid afternoon and had dessert ready by dinner time. During the summer I really try to make more recipes either by using the slow cooker or making No Bake desserts. You can make more than you think in a slow cooker.
BONUS – I used some of my cinnamon bark essential oil in lieu of cinnamon.
Skin or no skin?
I was inspired to make this when I came across a recipe of Slow Cooker Apple Crumble by How Sweet It Is. I made only a few changes to mine. Looks like both of us left the skins on, but after making mine, I realized you could do it both ways. Your choice. I like having the skins. You get more health benefits with the skins. But, a lot of people don’t like the skins.
Do you make recipes that doesn’t heat your kitchen during the summer??
Want some No Bake Desserts to keep the heat down?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Slow Cooker Apple Crumble
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 Apples, Large, cut in chunks
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Oats
- 2/3 Cup Loosely Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 4 Tbsp Butter, Softened
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix 1 cup brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and granulated sugar. Spread on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the apples on top. Try to make a solid first layer on the bottom. Then add remaining chunks on top.
- With your hands, mix the oats, 2/3 cup of loosely packed brown sugar, flour, butter, vanilla and cinnamon essential oil. Clump it together. (hope you don’t get an itch right now) Sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
- Turn off heat. Stir it. Then let sit for 1 hour to let the sauce thicken.