Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Are you kidding me, a Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese? This has got to be one of my favorite all time grilled cheese’s. I wish I could take credit for this awe inspiring idea, but I can’t. One of my daughters tagged me in a post on Facebook asking if I would make this Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese. After seeing it, uh, duh, I had to. Just had to. If you love bacon the way I love bacon, you will do the same.
The recipe I saw called for a total of 10 slices of bacon. After showing my sister the video, she had to make it too. I’m telling you peeps, this is genius!! I got her review before making ours. She said it was too salty. Too much bacon maybe? She said next time she will use lower sodium bacon. I’m thinking maybe just use a total of 6 slices of bacon, cut some of that salty taste back. It was still a little salty, but I don’t mind, I’m not going to eat these every day (at least that you know of). But you may want to consider using the lower sodium bacon.
The recipe and instructions below seem like it takes a long time because I’m being a little more detailed with this one, but it only takes 5 minutes to prep and 16 minutes to cook. If you’re making more than one, add to the prep time, but the cook time will remain the same.
Be honest. How soon will you be making one of these?
Bacon bacon bacon…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
- Frying Pan
- 6 Slices Bacon Long, not center cut.
- 2 Slices Bread
- 2 Slices Cheese
- Preheat griddle/skillet to medium high heat.
- Lay out 3 slices of bacon, side by side on a flat surface. I used my cutting board.
- Place a slice of bread in the middle, on top of the bacon slices.
- Add your cheese on top of the bread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the cheese (making the sandwich).
- Fold over the bacon on both sides of the sandwich.
- Move sandwich aside. Lay out another 3 slices of bacon, side by side. Place the already wrapped sandwich on top, seam side down and opposite direction.
- Fold over the bacon on both sides.
- Place seam side down on preheated griddle/skillet. Sear for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip. **When flipping, slide your spatula under the bacon in the same direction the bacon is laying as to not separate the bacon.
- Sear the bacon on the other side for another 5-7 minutes.
- Cook the sides of the sandwich by using tongs and holding on the heat for 30 seconds each side. Let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing.