White Chicken Enchiladas
Normally, I don’t start out with the picture of my first bite, but I had to with this one. Just look at that! With the cheese! I need some more White Chicken Enchiladas, like now.
If you’re like me and can’t have certain foods, for example, anything tomato-y, then you’ll appreciate these. A lot of times I have to change up recipes to accommodate my issues. Enchiladas were always my go-to meal when I ate at Mexican restaurants. Now, I can’t. But that’s ok, I can make my own and have control over what goes in it.
What’s in them?
For these White Chicken Enchiladas, I used a white sauce instead of the typical enchilada sauce. The filling consists of chicken fajita meat and onions. And the sauce is a white sour creamy chicken-y sauce. I topped them with Kraft Three Cheese shredded cheese. This has become my favorite shredded cheese. It has Monterey Jack, Colby & Cheddar Cheese with a touch of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. That cream cheese makes the cheese creamier and smoother. Most recipes will call for just Monterey Jack cheese. You’re more than welcome to go that route. Whatever tickles your tastebuds.
I served this with my Queso Blanco Rice and tortilla chips to scoop up all that sauce. That’s what I’m talking bout!
Any other peeps out there that can’t eat tomatoes?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
White Chicken Enchiladas
- Sauce Pan
- 9×13 Baking dish
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour, All Purpose
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 8 Oz Sour Cream
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken Fajita Meat, Chopped
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Cups Kraft Three Cheese, Shredded
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- Green Onions, Chopped Optional Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium/medium high heat. Stir in the flour. Once the butter and flour are mixed well, add the chicken stock. Stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, toss the chicken and onion.
- Add 3/4 cup of the sauce mix. Stir well.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/3 cup of the chicken mix. Roll up. **If you have any chicken mixture left, add to the remaining sauce.
- Place the tortillas seam side down in a greased casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of the tortillas.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, covered.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over entire dish.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt. Serve. Top with green onions, if desired. Chow down!