Want to learn how to make homemade chicken quesadillas? Only 4 ingredients needed to make chicken quesadillas for dinner.
What to put in quesadillas?
These chicken quesadillas have chicken, cheese, and onions. So many different quesadillas can be made by swapping out ingredients. The main ingredients include meat and cheese. Then you add extras like onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, and/or peppers.
What goes with chicken quesadillas?
Rice, refried beans, bean salad, quacamole, or tortilla soup are some ideas for you to try as side dishes to chicken quesadillas.
What’s the best cheese to use for quesadillas?
I used shredded cheddar jack cheese in the chicken quesadillas. However, here a few more ideas….
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Mexican blend shredded cheese (good choice)
- Oaxaca (melts very easily)
Don’t want chicken quesadillas? Try one of these….
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
- Frying Pan
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Chicken, cooked, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Onion, Diced
- Cooking Spray can sub with 1/2 tbsp butter
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Place one tortilla in the pan. Add 1/2 cup of cheese and spread the cheese out.
- Add chicken and onion on top of cheese. **Add extra ingredients such as salsa or peppers here too, if desired.
- Add the other 1/2 cup of cheese and spread out.
- Place remaining tortilla on top and spray with cooking spray.
- Flip. Best to use a wide spatula or double spatula. Be very careful at this stage so you don't lose the filling.
- Remove from pan and cut into 4-6 wedges using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife.
- Top with desired toppings. Serve.