Peanut Brittle is a classic, don’t you think? It makes a great gift for friends and family too. I made some for my fam and one of my neighbors. They loved it. I love it. But I can’t eat as much as I use to. Couple reasons. My teeth can’t handle it like they use to and it makes me fat now. 🙂
This is a sticky recipe to make. Kinda messy, but oh so worth it! And guess how easy it is. You microwave the syrup, mix in the other ingredients, pour it on a cookie sheet (very carefully) and let it set. Then you get to take out some anger by beating it into pieces.
Just imagine the thing/person you’re the most upset with and break away. Be careful though, you don’t want to end up with nothing but crumbs. I let my grandsons beat one of my batches and we had some really small pieces after that. Boys like to demolish stuff.
With this recipe, I used honey roasted peanuts, but you could use regular roasted peanuts, or just regular peanuts. Maybe you want to change it up a bit. Add some different nuts in there. Like macadamia nuts, or almonds. Be adventurous! Since this was a gift, I took the safe route and didn’t put my favorite peanut in there, macadamia nuts. When I make a batch for me, I’ll do that.
If you make peanut brittle, what nut will you use?
More Easy Christmas Yummies
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
- 9 x 13 Baking Sheet
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and salt in a large glass bowl. Stir. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes. **Keep an eye on this. Your microwave could be more or less powerful. Adjust the time if need be.
- Add peanuts, stir and microwave an additional 2 minutes. **Again, keep an eye on this.
- Stir in butter, baking soda and vanilla. This is cool, the baking soda makes it bubble up.
- Pour into a buttered/greased/sprayed 9 x 13 cookie sheet. Tilt/shake slightly to spread into a thin layer. Cool until firm. About 2 hours.
- Break into pieces. I used a meat tenderizer, but you could just use the end of a butter knife.