Hawaiian Dump Cake
Dump cakes are quite possibly one of the easiest, yet tasty, cakes to make. This Hawaiian Dump Cake is no exception. All you do is “dump” the ingredients into the baking dish and pop it into the oven. No mixing required. Can it get any easier than that?
All I did was layer cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, box cake mix, butter, coconut and pecans to make this awesome tasting dump cake. Takes 5 or so minutes to prepare and then one hour to bake. I got this into the oven and then started on my dinner. Perfect timing…..the cake came out, I ate dinner and then had a warm piece of cake. You could let it cool more than I did if you like your cakes room temp.
The crazy thing is……I found the recipe in my BEST of the BEST from TEXAS cookbook. Not sure why a Hawaiian Dump Cake was in that book. But when I saw the list of ingredients, I had to make it. Kinda reminds me of a Banana Split without the banana and ice cream.
In fact, this cake is most awesome when served warm with a scoop (or two or three) of vanilla ice cream on top. *Licking my lips just thinking about it.
Have you ever made a Dump Cake?
Cakes to try…
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Hawaiian Dump Cake
- 1 Can (21 oz) Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Can (20 oz) Crushed Pineapple DO NOT DRAIN
- 1 Box (18.5 oz) Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Sticks butter, melted
- 1 Pkg (8 oz) Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Pecans, Chopped
- Preheat Oven 350°.
- IN a 9x13 baking dish, spread the Cherry Pie Filling.
- Add Crushed Pineapple and spread over Cherry Pie Filling.
- Add the Yellow Cake Mix and spread over the Pineapple.
- Add the melted butter and spread (as well as you can) over the cake mix.
- Add the coconut and carefully spread over the butter.
- Add the chopped pecans evenly over the coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Serve.