Easy Classic Turkey and Cheese Pinwheels. Cream cheese, lunch meat and some veggies wrapped in a tortilla. Serve as an appetizer, snack, or fingerfood.
Classic Turkey and Cheese Pinwheels are an awesome snack and make perfect appetizers. Takes about 15 minutes or less to put together, then you throw them in the refrigerator and wait. I think these are great served at any kind of gathering, party, or potlucks. Or you can do what I did and have them for when family comes by as a quick yet tasty snack.
Just look at it…doesn’t it look tasty? Do you want to grab it off the screen and take a bite? I know I do. They’re gone and I want some more. I shared these with my Son, daughter in law and grandsons yesterday. They loved them…well, one of the grandsons didn’t, but I think it was the green onions, not sure. The other one loved them however and couldn’t seem to get enough. It makes me so happy when people can’t get enough of my food.
So, all I used is cream cheese, lunch meat, shredded cheese, green onions, shredded lettuce and some Accent. Wrapped it all up in a tortilla and let it set in the refrigerator. Slice it up and bam…that flippin’ easy.
Can you make pinwheels the day before?
Yes! I actually make mine the day before to give them time to “set”. You could make them the same day, but make sure you are giving them the time they need to “set”.
How long will pinwheels keep in the fridge?
Any pinwheel will keep up to 4 days in the fridge. And, yes, they should be kept in the fridge until time to serve. You can freeze these as well, for up to 2 months.
This is one of my favorite pinwheels. Do you have a favorite?
More Pinwheels for you…
- Ranch Bacon Cheddar Chicken Pinwheels
- Cheeseball Pinwheels
- Philly Cheesesteak Pinwheels
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
CLASSIC Turkey and Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 Pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese, Softened
- 10 Slices Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Turkey
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 3 Green Onions Tops only
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1/2 Tsp Accent
- 4 Tortillas, 10″
- Cut up turkey in small pieces.
- Put cream cheese and turkey in a small to medium bowl.
- Cut up the tops only of the green onions and add to the bowl.
- Add the lettuce, shredded cheese and Accent to the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl until well combined. If your cream cheese is soft enough, you can do this with a spoon.
- Lay out a piece of saran wrap (slightly bigger than your tortilla) on the counter. Place one tortilla on the saran wrap.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture and place on the tortilla. Spread evenly on top of tortilla. Doesn’t have to cover edge to edge. Just close enough.
- Roll up the tortilla pretty tight.
- Roll the already rolled up tortilla in the saran wrap. Use toothpicks to hold together if need be. Repeat this process for the next 3 tortillas. If you have any remaining cream cheese, you could make a half roll or add to your final tortilla and make it thicker 😉 Refrigerate all of the tortillas for at least 3 hours for them to set.
- Remove tortillas from fridge and slice the ends off first, then eat them, cuz you deserve them, you made them. Then cut the remaining into 10 slices. Serve.