Easter Peep Cake My Way
Have you seen all the different ways on the web and mainly Pinterest you can make a “Peep” cake using the classic Marshmallow Treat, Peeps? Love.them. Here is my version of a Easter Peep Cake.
You have many different ways you can use these little guys in with your Easter Treats. I’m going to show you my way. It’s so…..Easter, right?
With my way, it’s all simple of course! Just bake a cake…my way….box mix. You need to frost that cake…my way…frosting from the store. You decorate that cake with Peeps and M&Ms…my way…from the store. Can it get any easier to have a cake that looks like you spent literally hours on and one that looks so artistic as well? Don’t think so.
Any wouldn’t this be a hit at your kids school party, or an office party…even better..how about church? For me…this is made to be in my house for us to eat. What? Ok, I do plan on taking some to my neighbors. I can share. A little.
What are you making as your Easter Goody this year?
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Easter Peep Cake My Way
- Round Cake Pans x2
- Stand Mixer/Hand Mixer
- 1 Box (15.25oz) Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Box (3.3 oz) White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
- 24 Peeps 3 boxes of 10 each
- 1 Bag (11.40 oz) M&Ms, Easter Colors
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 9″ round cake pans.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil, eggs and pudding mix in a stand mixer or medium size bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter in each pan.
- Bake 29-33 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then remove cake from pan and allow to cool 30-50 more minutes.
- Place one of the cakes on your serving dish. Frost the top only of the bottom cake.
- Place the other cake on top and frost the top and sides. NOTE: the frosting job doesn’t have to be perfect…you will be covering it.
- Place the peeps around the sides. Alternate the colors how ever you like.
- Pour the M&M’s on top and arrange to cover the entire top. You may have to do this by the handful and then place one here and there to cover blank spots. Serve!