The whole family will love this baked ziti dish. It has chicken and it’s creamy, cheesy and yummy!! You could make it stove top or bake it like I did.
Do you bake ziti covered or uncovered?
In my opinion, I think you should bake the ziti uncovered.
What goes with baked Ziti?
These go great with any pasta dish.
- Cheesy Bread
- Garlic Bread
- Green Beans
Should I undercook pasta for baked ziti?
Yes, just slightly. The pasta will cook a tad more in the oven and you don’t want overcooked, mushy pasta.
More Pasta Dishes…
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Creamy Chicken and Ziti
- Sauce Pan
- 1 1/2 Lbs Chicken Breast Tenderloins Or similar
- 16 Oz Ziti Pasta
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Dash Salt
- Olive oil
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Heat skillet with olive oil to medium high heat. Cook chicken until done. Season, if desired. Set aside.
- While chicken is cooking. Boil 4 quarts of water. Once boiling, add Ziti. Bring back to a boil then cook for 7 minutes. Drain and add back to sauce pan.
- To make sauce: Melt butter in a skillet on medium.
- Turn heat up to medium high and add the flour slowly. Stir/combine as you add it. **Should boil slightly.
- Pour in cream and seasonings. Stir until it thickens. NOTE: If you want it more runny, add more cream. If you want it thicker, add more flour.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. I did this while the gravy butter was melting.
- Add the sauce and chicken in with the Ziti.
- Mix all ingredients but the mozzarella in the pan.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Place in oven.
- Bake @ 375° for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Let stand/cool for 10 minutes while cheese is melting. **Optional…you can place the dish back in the oven to melt cheese, then cool.