Chicken Salad Pinwheels
I am on several kicks lately and pinwheels is one of them. They’re good as appetizers and snacks. They are perfect for me to just pull it out of the fridge and slice it a couple times, munch on it and then put it back.
They also come in handy if you are hosting a party, or need to take something to a get together. You prepare it at least 4 hours before you need it, but it works better if you can leave it in the fridge overnight. When you’re getting ready the next day for the party, you’re not stuck in the kitchen trying to whip something up and clean and get ready. You know what I’m talking about. Just pull this out of the fridge, slice it up and then arrange it on a plate. Bam!
My chicken salad pinwheels are made from your ordinary chicken salad with some shredded lettuce and cheese on top. It is on the heavy side, but you can adjust that by not putting as much chicken salad on the tortilla like I did. But I do love mine…I get more chicken salad than tortilla (less carbs).
Would you add anything different to yours? Would love to hear more ideas!!
Do you need another pinwheel recipe? Check out my Ham & Cheese Pinwheels!
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Chicken Salad Pinwheels
- 1 10 oz Can Chicken, cooked
- 1 Boiled Egg, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Miracle Whip
- 1 Tbsp Pickle Relish
- 1 Tortilla, Large
- 1/2 Cup Lettuce, Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop up the boiled egg.
- Mix in the cooked chicken, miracle whip, pickle relish and salt & pepper to taste. Lick the fork/spoon.
- Lay the tortilla on top of plastic wrap. Top with the chicken salad mix. Spread a layer covering the tortilla. You can leave one edge without the chicken salad. As you roll, the "filling" will move towards the edge.
- Sprinkle the lettuce & cheese on top.
- Roll the tortilla up as tight as possible, but not so tight you squeeze the filling out. Wrap with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, best if overnight. Slice when ready.