Beef and Bean Burrito Casserole are burritos smothered with queso dip and then baked to meld all of the elements together. You customize your own serving by adding tomatoes, onions, guacamole, sour cream, and so on.
This beef and bean burrito casserole was made using my homemade flour tortillas. You, on the other hand, can use whatever tortillas you prefer. Store bought tortillas are perfect. I also use the Instant Pot Queso that I had made a couple days before that. Consider trying my Cheesy Bean Dip. You do not have to use these in order to make this. Substitute wherever you like.
What is a burrito? Are burritos tacos?
A burrito is nothing but a tortilla wrapped into a cylindrical shape with various ingredients inside. And, YES, burritos are a type of taco. It’s just a name to me…they both taste yummy.
How do you make burritos?
As mention above, burrito are a tortilla wrapped with various ingredients. To make a burrito, choose your innards (the ingredients) you want inside and wrap it.
There are many ways to make a burrito. You could eat it right after you put your ingredients inside. Or, you could steam it, grill it, bake it, anyway you want to eat it.
What ingredients are in this casserole?
- Browned ground beef
- Refried beans
- Queso/Cheese Dip
- Shredded Cheese
What kind of cheese goes in a burrito?
You can put whatever cheese you like in a burrito. The most commonly used cheeses are Cheddar, Monterey and Jack.
Consider trying these…
Bean Burritos (no casserole here..just individual burritos)
Breakfast Quesadillas (made with flour tortillas)
ITEMS/INGREDIENTS USED IN RECIPE – If you are interested in any of the items I may have used (or are similar to the items I used) in making this recipe, I have listed some of them below. NOTE: These links are affiliate links of which I receive a small commission from the sale of certain item. This does not affect your price, it remains the same.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the right hand side of this page and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
Tried one of our recipes? We would love it if you would let us know what you thought or if you have any suggestions.
Speaking of suggestions? Have any? If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Beef and Bean Burrito Casserole
- 9 x 13 Baking dish
- 10 Tortillas, flour
- 1 Lb Ground Beef, browned
- 1 Can (31 oz) Refried Beans
- 2 Cups Queso/Cheese Dip
- 1/4 Cup Onions, Diced
- 1 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Tomato, diced, optional For topping
- Jalapenos, optional For topping
- Guacamole, optional For topping
- Sour Cream, optional For topping
- Salsa, optional For topping
- Warm the refried beans in a medium saucepan.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix beans, beef, shredded cheese, and beans in a med-large bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup of cheese dip on the bottom of the 9×13 baking dish.
- Fill a tortilla with 1/4 – 1/2 cup beef/bean mix.
- Roll the tortilla up and place in the dish.
- Repeat until all tortillas are lined in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining cheese dip on top of the burritos.
- Place in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.