Southern Salisbury Steaks Recipe right here. Who needs to learn how to make your own Salisbury steak with hamburger patties? It’s easier than you think!!
This is some good stuff folks!! Do you love salisbury steaks (the kind you buy frozen)? Have you ever had them? God only knows what’s in those things. And, while I can’t replicate the texture as good, I have come across some recipes and altered them to end up with this very tender Southern Salisbury Steak.
How do you make Salisbury Steak from scratch?
Just combine ground beef, onions, stuffing and seasonings (specific ingredients listed below) and come up with this recipe. Awesome comfort food! Great home-cooked meal. Perfect for family dinners. I made mashed potatoes and my Cheesy Green Beans to go with it.
Why does my Salisbury Steak fall apart?
To prevent this, make your mixture, make your patties, then put the patties in the fridge for about 30 minutes prior to cooking them.
What kind of meat is in Salisbury Steaks?
My Southern Salisbury Steak recipe is made using ground beef only. However, sometimes you will find them made with a blend of ground beef and pork.
Side dishes to try with these..
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information
Southern Salisbury Steaks
- 9x13 Baking dish
- 2.25 Lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cups Onions, Diced
- 1 Cup Uncooked Stuffing or Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Water, Hot
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 Pkg Brown Gravy Mix, Prepared Makes 2 cups of gravy
- Preheat oven to 400○ F. Spray 9x13 casserole dish or deep cake pan with cooking spray. Prepare the gravy. Dice the onions.
- Mix ALL of the ingredients in a large bowl. Have your casserole dish close by so you can immediately make the patties. Trust me, you'll have to wash your hands after messing with this stuff.
- Make patties and place in the dish. (To keep patties from falling apart...after making the patties, refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to cooking)
- Pour the prepared gravy over the patties and fill the dish.
- Cook at 400○ F for 40 Minutes. Cook till the internal temp reaches at least 165○