Alfredo Sauce. You can use alfredo sauce for pasta, pizza, lasagna. Use it in lieu of pizza sauce. This recipe will show you how to make alfredo sauce without garlic. You could always add it, if you like.
What can I use instead of heavy cream in Alfredo Sauce?
You can always use milk in lieu of heavy cream in this sauce. Using milk makes it lighter and lower fat.
What can you use this sauce in and for?
Did you know this sauce can be used with so many different dishes. For example, Shrimp Alfredo, Chicken Alfredo. Use it in lieu of Spaghetti Sauce. Speaking of Spaghetti Sauce….have you tried mine yet? Several people have told me that they prefer mine over any restaurant.
What’s Alfredo Sauce made out of?
It can be made so many different ways. Mine is made using Butter, Heavy Cream, Parmesan Cheese and spices. However, you can make a very yummy recipe using cream cheese. Cream cheese make the sauce richer and thicker, in most cases.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder sub with Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese Can use Shredded, will be thicker
- Add butter and heavy cream to a skillet. Simmer on low for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in all seasonings. Mix well. Whisk in Parmesan Cheese.
- Continue stirring/whisking until Parmesan is melted on low. Mix into your recipe or pour into a serving bowl.