Hamburger Hash Brown Casserole Pie is a great combination of ground beef, hash brown casserole all in a pie crust. This, right here, is perfect for getting to your man’s heart…through his belly!
I just took the famous and awesome hash brown casserole to the next level. Heck, I took it up two notches. It’s a casserole inside a pie.
Do you have a Cracker Barrel near you? They have this Hash Brown Casserole as a side dish. I can not go there and not get it. My husband and I were talking one day and decided to add it as a dish to our Thanksgiving Menu. It was awesome. I could eat it as a meal, alone. It has become a traditional menu item for thanksgiving from here on out.
How do you make Hash Brown Casserole from scratch
If you follow my instructions below and just cut the hamburger meat out, and don’t put it in a pie crust, you’ve got yourself the Hash Brown Casserole. Bake for the same time frame. 30 minutes in a preheated oven on 350°. Remove it from the oven, add more cheese on top, if desired, and bake for 5 more minutes. Oven temps vary…may have to adjust the cooking time.
Can I use fresh potatoes instead of frozen hash browns
Absolutely, I encourage to use fresh whenever the mood hits you. Double check that the potatoes are cooking with the time frame I have given you and add or subtract as needed.
Can Hash Brown Casserole be made the night before
Yup. Sure can. I would wait to put the filling in the pie crust just before you bake it, if you’re making the Hamburger Hash Brown Casserole Pie.
How long is Hash Brown Casserole good for
If you are storing it in the fridge after baking it, then it will be good for 3 days. If you are freezing it after baking it, then it will be good up to 3 months in the freezer. Please allow to thaw before baking as directed below.
If you like hash browns/potatoes like I do, I have one of my favorite scrambles for you to try….Loaded Hash Brown Scramble.
If you like this or any other dish on my site, please feel free to sign up for the weekly email where you can see what new recipe we have created over here. Just look over to the side and you’ll find the “sign up” button.
If you have any questions or see any “blooper” we made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re all human.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure policy for more information.
Hamburger Hash Brown Casserole Pie
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 2 Frozen Pie Crusts
- 1 bag - 26 oz Shredded Hash Browns, Thawed
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Can - 10 1/4 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 14 Oz Sour Cream
- 3 Cup Grated Cheese Your Choice
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, Diced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Brown the ground beef on medium high heat, or until done. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add the hash browns, butter, salt & pepper, onions, sour cream and 2 cups of the cheese in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the browned ground beef to the potato/cheese mixture.
- Mix well.
- Separate the mixture into two frozen pie crusts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done. You should hear and see some bubbling. Remove from the oven and place 1/2 cup of cheese on top of each pie. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 or so minutes.